business with very low start-up costs for anyone that wants to get into the water business. It is a very simple business to run and can easily be profitable.
Why is there a need for Water Shop?
Water stores fill the need for low cost safe drinking water that taste great. Most people in South Africa will buy it because it tastes great or they do not trust the quality of water coming from their taps. The water shops in developing countries can provide very safe and great tasting water that people
can afford to buy. There are many places in the world where people have to get up very early in the morning to go collect water from shallow wells that
are unsafe and many times look like a mud puddle. There can be a solution to this problem in any city or town that has a water source.
There are several different options for safe, bottled drinking water. The first option is to buy bottled water from a store such as a grocery store, yet most times this ends up costing up to R25.00 a gallon for smaller bottles such as .5 liters. On sale, a lower cost 1-gallon bottles of water will cost you about R5.00. People do not want to pay prices this high, which is what creates demand for water stores even in well-established areas. Another option is home delivery, but that costs on an average of about R75 per five gallons of water or R12.50 a gallon. Some people do enjoy home deliveries, and with a water shop, it is possible to set up your own home delivery routes if you have a means of transporting the water to customers for home delivery.
- The water store will sell water for different prices depending on the location. In South Africa, the average price is 1-2 cents per litre, which is due to the large number of vending machines outside of many food stores. Many water shops are also selling alkaline for a much higher price of R1.00 to R3.00 per liter. Many water shops also bring in additional revenue by selling bottles, crocks, coolers, and various general merchandise items. Water shops typically claim to sell purified water, which is water below 10 ppm of contaminants. This means that water shops actually sell higher quality water than many other bottled water alternatives. Many types of bottled water contain much higher levels of contaminants, such as many bottled spring waters that contain 100 to 200 ppm of contaminants. Studies show that water shops often make the customer feel better about the water they are drinking, meaning that they feel the water is cleaner, because if the store is clean and well kept the customer makes this association towards the quality and cleanliness of the water. Keeping a clean and presentable store will attract customers and make them have a higher quality perception of your water versus the other alternatives for getting water.
The Water Shop is a Mini- Water Plant: In most cases water stores are a smaller size bottling plant with the same type of equipment as the larger manual filling bottling plants. The big difference is they don’t need to store the water or the bottles because people re-fill their own bottles with fresh great tasting drinking water. There is no bottle cost or expensive delivery cost so they can sell the water for less and still be very profitable. To give you a better idea about what type of water shop equipment you will need for a standard water shop, many people will use a setup similar to the following:
800 GPD Reverse Osmosis Water
- In most cases, water stores are a smaller size bottling plant with the same type of equipment as the larger manual filling bottling plants. The big difference is they don’t need to store the water or the bottles because people re-fill their own bottles with fresh great tasting drinking water. There is no bottle cost or expensive delivery cost so they can sell the water for less and still be very profitable. To give you a better idea about what type of water shop equipment you will need for a standard water shop, many people will use a setup similar to the following:
- 800 GPD Reverse Osmosis Water Purification System
- 5 Faucet Water Bottle Filling Table
- 500L Stainless Steel Tank to store your purified water
- Ozone for tanks
- Pressure pump
- Carbon filter
- Water Bar
The Water Shop is a Mini- Water Plant:
The equipment setup above is the most common setup for a standard water shop, but keep in mind that other products can be used to meet your specific situation. We are happy to consult with you about your specific situation and the best solutions to your needs. All of our systems are custom built in order to ensure that your system meets all of your requirements. More Information